We partner with Genesis Project to bring A New Beginning program to Apache Junction and the East Valley.
We began A New Beginning April 2019, a hands on mentorship program tailored to train homeless and at-risk individuals. This program teaches life and culinary skills giving the experience needed to acquire gainful employment. Perhaps the most important aspect of this venture is job placement, which will occur through the help of our community partners.
This program will give our students the skills needed to obtain and sustain employment, as well as thrive in the culinary field. Students will be guided from start to finish in basics such as sanitation, through technique, and into restaurant stations. We will then also assist in writing a resume and provide guidance on interviewing and job placement.
If you prefer to study in your own time and at your own speed then one of our e-learning packages may be right up your street. There is a third option, which is you like the sound of both but perhaps can’t attend all training sessions, this is when blended learning comes into its own.
Life Skills: Tuesday 5-8pm
Culinary Class: Thursday 5-8pm
Through a grant from the Arizona Restaurant Association, we offer online continued education courses to become a certified cook
intermediate CLASS - online
advanced CLASS (6 weeks)
- Have completed Beginner Class or show mastery of those skills and have worked full-time in the industry for 90 days.
- Through this class, students will gain the skills necessary to bridge the gap between cooking job and culinary career.
- Upon completion, students will have earned their cook certification through ServSafe which was made possible by a grant from the Arizona Restaurant Association.
- You will have 60 days to complete from the start date.
- Have completed Intermediate class and have cook certification. Have worked full-time in the industry for 6 months.
- Through this class, students will hone and master all skills necessary to be successful in a fast-paced restaurant producing high quality food.
Interested in Culinary Classes?
Fill out the form below
Are you able to sponsor a student?
Please use the Donation form below!
A NEW BEGINNING SPONSORSHIP:
FULLY SUPPORT A STUDENT